A city may adopt a bicycle and/or pedestrian plan. These plans support active living. Some plans set goals and timelines for:
- Establishing dedicated pathways for pedestrians and cyclists
- Addressing pedestrian and bicycle safety at crossings, along traffic corridors, on routes between residential areas and schools, and in other transportation projects
Examples of Local Policies
- City of Wilsonville Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
- City of Veneta Transportation Plan, Walking and Biking Chapters.
- City of Eugene Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan. 2015.
- Lincoln City Walking and Biking Plan. 2012.
- Creating a Roadmap for Producing and Implementing a Bicycle Master Plan. The National Center for Bicycling and Walking. Active Living Resource Center. 2009. This guide will lead you through three phases of a Bicycle Master Plan project.