This list is a work in progress. Please contact the Campaign if you know of a policy we should add.
- City of Vancouver, Washington Comprehensive Plan. 2011.
- Healthy Eating Active Living Amendments in the Comprehensive Plan. City of Gresham. 2012.
- Health in the Comprehensive Plan. City of Beaverton. 2014.
Promoting compact, mixed-use and transit-oriented development
- City of McMinnville Growth Management and Urbanization Plan. 2006.
- City of Wilsonville Transit-Oriented Development Policy in the Comprehensive Plan. 200
Increasing walking and biking through pedestrian- and bike- friendly street design standards
Increasing access to healthy food by creating farmers markets and community gardens and supporting existing ones
- Lincoln City’s zoning code permits market gardens in a number of residential and commercial districts and special planning areas. A market garden is defined as “a relatively small scale farming operation (20 to 40 acres in size) where the production of a diversity of fruits, vegetables, herbs and flowers is grown for sales primarily for direct human consumption rather than as feed for animals or for major processing before consumption.”
- Portland’s Urban Food Zoning Code Update Project
- Edible Damascus: The Healthy Damascus Food Plan. Oregon Public Health Institute and The City of Damascus. 2013.
Limiting unhealthy food around schools and in neighborhoods with over-concentration of unhealthy food outlets
Healthy Infrastructure Investment
- City of Gresham Transportation Plan Update. 2015
- City of Eugene Transportation Plan.
- City of Wilsonville Transportation Plan.
- Orenco Station in Hillsboro.
- Clackamas County Transportation Plan.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans
- The Bike and Walk Salem Plan. 2012.
- City of Bend Urban Trails Plan.
- City of Eugene Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan. 2012.
- City of Wilsonville Bicycles and Pedestrian Master Plan. 2006.
- City of Vancouver, Washington, Paths and Trails Element, Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
Safe Routes to School Programs
- Safe Routes to School program. Albany, Oregon.
- City of Corvallis Safe Routes to School program.
- Safe Routes to School program developed at Roosevelt Middle School. Eugene, Oregon.
Access to Healthy Food Options
Attracting retailers/offering retailers incentives to offer fresh fruits and vegetables and healthy staple items.
- Multnomah County Healthy Retail Initiative. Multnomah County Health Department.
Supporting Community Gardens and Farmers Markets
- Fairview Community Gardens Resolution. Adopted July 2, 2014.
Utilizing joint use agreements to increase recreational opportunities
- Collaborative Agreement between City of Corvallis and 509J School Districts for shared use of school grounds for community residents.
- Intergovernmental Agreement for shared use of a running trail and athletic fields in Tualatin.
- Intergovernmental Agreement between the Cities of Tualatin, Tigard and Durham and clean water services for Tualatin River Bicycle and Pedestrian Bridge.�